The following services/presentations are offered by Prairie Worm Works. Contact for pricing. All services are subject to seasonal availability.
- Worms in the classroom
- 1 hour, curriculum-aligned presentations
- Tailor-made in order to focus on specific grades/units, covering such topics as environmental sustainability, biodiversity, life science, the scientific method, sustainable agriculture, observational writing, data collection and analysis, and,integrated math.
- These courses can be applied/tailored for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12
- Advanced vermicomposting workshops/consulting:
- Growing your herd
- Constructing Continuous Flow Through (CFT) systems (easier vermicast extraction for garden use)
- Methods for harvesting vermicast for garden use
- Beginner vermicomposting courses:
- Making simple one-bin home vermicomposting bins
- Worm care and maintenance
- Rotten Sustainability: Reducing household waste through Composting and Vermicomposting
- Backyard Composting workshops/consulting
- Hot compost: Creating finished compost in 21 days using garden waste
- Constructing effective outdoor compost bins out of free material
- Troubleshooting: why doesn’t my compost pile break down by the end of the gardening season?
- Cold compost: Introducing worms to inactive compost heaps; extracting usable vermicast
- How to use compost in the garden